Waterlollies Waterlollies

Adam Phillips excels at Flash animation

About a year ago, when Newgrounds first came out with the private messaging system, I wrote you a message titled, "I LOVE YOU MAN!" and you replied with the accustomed standard thank you reply, which was pretty nice on your part.
After I first watched Waterlollies for the first time on NG, I felt again compelled to write you another "I LOVE YOU MAN!" private message. However, you have changed the thing so that no longer anyone can send you private messages. This is very understandable, since you probably get many of those and don't need reminders of "YOU ARE <MY FAVORITE/ THE BEST/ GOD/ AAAWWWEEEESSSOOOOOOOOOOMEE>" every half hour, being obligated to acknowledge each one with a reply in the affirmative.
Nevertheless, let me speak for the many on the exceptional level of your talent. Most people have one or two things they are good at but very few do them to your extent as to get this much well-deserved praise.

As for the movie, it was very enjoyable. Your water effects get better with every movie. However, there are a few flaws that I don't think anyone has pointed out: the nest swarm particle effect's bottom rectangle bound is very noticeable during the first few seconds of the nest scene.
In fact, I think the particle effects was the weak link in your movie because while they were on the whole good, the pixels were square and pixely against the vector graphics and they seemingly lagged down the animation.

However, that is only a minor flaw and you transitioned between the particle effects and hand drawn swarms flawlessly.

On the content of the movie
Why are purple bigfoot's eyes always green while orange bigfoot's eyes change with emotion?
Why wasn't orange bigfoot with its kid?
How did the sage disappear so quickly? Can he turn invisible?
I also wonder if the witch will get pissed that she can't water her plants after Bitey ate the waterlollies the sage was gathering.

Anyways, I digress. It was a very excellent movie and it deserves the #1 spot.
I LOVE YOU MAN!

A&amp;amp;K Battle Rocks A&K Battle Rocks

This actually deserves a fair score.

Most of Legendary Frog, or Joseph Blanchette's work receives such (due) criticism: excessive tweening, poorly drawn characters, kiddie humor, massively annoying voice acting, and most of all, bad jokes stolen from TV shows such as The Simpsons.

However, this isn't the usual "ill-styled" Legendary Frog movie. He has actually experimented with a new format that has never been tried before, mixing Madness-esque characters with a stick-arena type backdrop and giving it nonviolent plotline.
This change is commendable in several respects:
Firstly, the tweened movement, simplistic character design, and animation style fits with the brevity of the movie.
Secondly, there is none of that poor cartoony voice acting - the kind that gives emphasis on the unfunny punchline and then a slight pause, as if to say, "You're supposed to laugh now." The high-pitched, douche-chill arousing giggle - that "HEEHEEHEEHEEHEE" - given by characters voiced by Blanchette himself is thus not present; its absence is a bonus in itself.
Thirdly, there are no stolen jokes. While one can argue that the plot itself is to some degree formulaic, this movie does not reek of the sin of plagiarism.
Lastly, the characters are his own. In this Blanchette does not stoop to gain fans through various contemporary cultural phenomena, a fact that should be commended (he has gained enough this way).

If one of the many Frog haters votes for this movie, it may be righteous to restrain voting "0" simply because it is Blanchette's work. Instead one should perhaps give a fairer vote on account that it isn't very much like Blanchette's USUAL works.

Castle III part B Castle III part B

This is getting exciting!

You know your castle just about as well as Adam Phillips knows his forest. Great atmosphere! The depth in background is very much above average. I praise your use of architectural details.
However, I cringe slightly at what in my humble opinion is the characters' poor planning in exploring the castle. What would be more foolhardy than sending just about everyone (or at least the bulk of the group) to rush into an unexplored, complex enemy structure with a non-combative scientist at the vanguard? This would lead to a whole bunch of bloodshed once the unseen enemy comes out. I nonetheless hope that's what happens, a massacre.
I'll definitely be watching the next chapter to find out.

Get-lost responds:

You bloodthirsty beast :D Thanks

Future Future

NO WAI!!!

I've never seen anything like this done with Flash. This is groundbreaking!

MoreLikeBlue MoreLikeBlue

I like you.

YOU'RE MY FRIEND

Earthquake Girl Earthquake Girl

Make more like this.

The drawing and animation style was really original. The direction was great. You achieved excellent effects. Animation was superb for the style.
It was one of those randomly funny movies that made me laugh. This is exceptionally good since most "random" movies make me feel as if I'm EXPECTED to laugh with their awkward punchlines and I end up hating it. This one had a continuous flow that was so naturally funny.
As I said before, I'd like to see more of this type of movie. 10's all around!

Kazahana: Ten Days to Run Kazahana: Ten Days to Run

Hi hi

can u put liek my naem on the author list pllllz!!! lolzz k thanx bye

Diablo - Lord of Terror Diablo - Lord of Terror

MAEK IT FASTUR, LOLZ!

It's good. You can make it a lot more exciting if you decrease the time of every scene. Yes, I know you worked hard to draw each scene, but a good fight movie should change camera angles as fast as a person can chew. (The only exception is the special effects in The Matrix. Don't fucking copy the special effects in The Matrix. It's cheesy, mmmkay?) Try to think of how exciting the fight is is inversely proportional to the time of each scene.
Also, try to write meaningful dialogue that engages the user. Using stupid comments by the characters is like throwing a bunch of stale, flavorless herbs on your dinner.
Overall, it's good.

Miss Dynamite XX Miss Dynamite XX

5'd for just the preloader

This is great. I like how you mixed tweens and FBF movement lines in a dynamic and Dynamite fashion.

The Self Sucking Robot The Self Sucking Robot

This is great.

If I were your client, I'd be pretty satisfied with this work. The content is not for all tastes, but it's very polished. The sound is nice too. The background beat and music gave it a cool music video feel. The robot's voice when he describes blowing himself is hilarious. I like it.